The schedule includes all nationally-televised games that we know of in:
- The four major pro sports (MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL);
- Canadian national NHL telecasts;
- American national telecasts of Major League Soccer, the English Premier League, the U.S, men's national team and U.S. women's national team;
- All matches from the group stage through the final of the men's and women's World Cup;
- Races in NASCAR's top three national touring series (Cup, Xfinity and trucks) and the main IndyCar series;
- The final round of PGA golf tournaments, along with all four rounds of majors and the Ryder Cup and President's Cup;
- The final week (round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final) of Grand Slam tennis tournaments, the semifinals and finals of Masters 1000 (men) and Premier 5 (women) tournaments; and any head-to-head meetings among Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Venus Williams;
- other one-off events I deem worthy of inclusion.
College sports, as a rule, are not included on this list. Neither are preseason exhibition games. This decision is made without prejudice toward any sport, school or division; strictly pragmatically, there are a lot of college sports out there and this is not my full-time job. I recommend Matt's College Sports on TV as the best resource for Division I football and basketball.